Trends for Summer 2018
Football fans the world over are gripped by World Cup fever this summer. We took a look around to see how much of an impact it is having on current interior trends and what else is currently in fashion in terms of interior design.
Football’s coming home
This summer is without doubt marked by the Football Word Cup. Not only are football fans kitting themselves out with cool gadgets on the topic, but also casual TV viewers are making sure they have the right accessories for an evening of football at home with friends. The range of options is vast – from the stool with game analysis to remote control in the shape of a football through to table football.
Urban jungle everywhere
For those who are not really interested in football, there’s another trend they can perhaps follow that is still very much in vogue: urban jungle. From natural green in the form of house plants to jungle décor on carpets, curtains and cushions – transforming the apartment into a green oasis. And if that is still not enough for some, exotic animals or flowers can complete the look. The urban jungle style also includes design elements made from natural materials such as wool or wood, for example in the form of Plank 1-Strip in 3D appearance.
Dark power colours alongside pastel shades
For some, the colour that the American Pantone Color Institute proclaimed that the 2018 trend colour might have taken some getting used to. Ultra violet is not necessarily everyone’s taste. For others, Pantone got it absolutely right, which is underscored by the rising popularity of strong colours. Deep red and berry colours, strong dark blue and dark green or also mustard yellow were featured in abundance at recent interior trade fairs in Cologne and Milan, often contrasting with delicate pastel shades. This gives a modern and fresh impression.
Thanks to small LEDs, artificial light no longer has to radiate from just one lamp. Why not make a lighting statement on the chest of drawers? Not a problem with LED technology. That’s because LED lighting strips can be shaped flexibly. With practically no limits on the creativity of the designers, the home instantly takes on an individual character thanks to the luminous artwork.
Pleating – objects featuring a folded look
They are a common sight these days: accessories such as vases, dishes or lampshades with a fine grooved structure. The decorative look that actually comes from the world of materials is called pleating. The elegant drapery is also being used of late for furniture covering.
Opulent surfaces with mirroring effects, whimsical shapes and new materials – a striking amount of furniture manufacturers are currently opting for an unusual look. Whether the stool from the 3D printer or the vase made from papier-mâché – these objects play with the unexpected and are therefore certain to be eye-catchers in any living space.
- JAB ANSTOETZ Fabrics " alt="The new outdoor fabrics from the "Around the world" collection from JAB ANSTOETZ Fabrics are reminiscent of distant travel destinations and are ideal for the fashionable urban jungle look thanks to their patterns inspired by nature." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='JAB ANSTOETZ Fabrics' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-hollywoodschaukel-Jab_Anstoetz-1-600x400.jpg">
- blomus " alt="The porcelain "Colora" vase from blomus sets trends with its powerful pink tone." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='blomus' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-bordaeux_red-vase_blomus-1-300x400.jpg">
- Dekoria " alt="The "urban jungle" interior style is ideal for those seeking a green retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Dekoria' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/sumer-green_couch-sofa-Dekoria-1-300x400.jpg">
- Paulmann " alt="You can give your creativity free rein with LED stripes and – as seen here – "paint" a house of light on the wall." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Paulmann' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-lichterkette-haus-Paulmann-1-600x400.jpg">
- Paulmann " alt="An illuminated "Hello" on the wall lends the room a personal and friendly touch." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Paulmann' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-lichterkette_hello-Paulmann-1-600x400.jpg">
- desiary.de " alt="The "Wal" water jug from Jonathan Adler is the highlight on the table. Its pleated exterior provides the Wal with personality, while creating an ultra-modern effect." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='desiary.de' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-karaffe_in_walform-Desiary-1-300x400.jpg">
- desiary.de " alt="The "Alice" vase in a fine pleated look made from Limoges porcelain was crafted by hand. The exterior is unglazed and polished." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='desiary.de' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-vase-Desiary-1-600x400.jpg">
- Piure " alt="The new furniture product range "Nex Glamour" from Piure boasts elaborately finished glass surfaces. Every mirrored front is finished by hand and thus takes on a spectacular appearance." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Piure' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-PIURE-1-300x400.jpg">
- Nagami " alt="A stool from the 3D printer: "Robotica TM by Ross Lovegrove" was created with a robotic arm, which applied the coloured plastic layers of coating." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Nagami' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-Robotica_TM_by_Ross_Lovegrove-Nagami-1-300x400.jpg">
- Serax " alt="Vases made from paper not clay. The designer Marie Michielssen designed the unusual "Earth" collection made from papier-mâché for the Belgian company Serax." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Serax' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-vasen-Serax-1-300x400.jpg">
- Serax " alt="The "Earth" lamps were also inspired by an idea from Marie Michielssen for Serax. They are likewise made from paper." class="swipebox full-image-available image-with-copyright grid-image" copyright='Serax' src="https://www.haro-inspires.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/07/summer-lampen-Serax-1-300x400.jpg">